WHY BEING AN INTROVERT STUDENT SUCKS?

Aren't we all judgemental, if not all then some, toward Introverts? Before you dig into the article, you must know what the term means. Often we meet people, who are more timid and reticent than others. Introverts are considered to be thoughful about people, situations, and life. They make final decision after they have calculated every possible outcome. That might be an exaggeration!

But, the truth is if you're an Introvert and a student, your classmates may judge you for being cocky and self-centered. Trust me! it has happened with me. I was quite a centre of attention, and I'm not bragging. It often happened while the class were laughing about someone saying something stupid, i was reading a book or well, writing a song (I'm a singer). They'd all end up looking at me, and the most accurate word i can use for the expression they'd send me off is ''She's got an attitude"
Now, from a psychologist point - of - view, "Attitude" is way more complex word than the amount of times we humans use (I'm not going deeper into that, that's for another day).
Teachers, at that age should be able to understand that all their students are different, and if not, 'who made you a teacher?'  
On the day of Parents - teachers meeting (PTM), the question my parents would ask apart from my grades were, "How is she during class?  Does she respond? Does she ask about her queries?". Goddammit parents, not everyone have the courage to shout in middle of on going class and ask a senseless question. By the time, i graduated from my high school, i was like a free bird, who didn't fear anymore of these questions and judgemental eyes. 
But, for an Introvert, it's an unsettling feeling, being stared at and getting called out. I would fiddle a lot during quizzes. I didn't have it in me, to hear my name. Isn't it like an almost heart attack when you hear your name getting called out? I remember getting nervous during attendence. 

We introverts are definitely smart, but that doesn't mean we ace every exam. I have seen my friends crying over their grades, but somehow it never affected me. I had and still have different hobbies and interests, but crying over your low scores is pure nonsense. You won't earn extra for crying a river in front of that stubborn teacher (i may or may not have tried once). 
Last myth about being an introvert would be that We Judge A Lot. 
Excuse me! Are you stating that all this time i was getting judged for being a silent judgemental?!! Geez. I may tend to overreact, and gasp and get horrified because of your behavior, but i don't judge. It's a bit overwhelming for me getting flashbacks of my past while writing this blog, but there were times when i'd enjoy being silent and have a peaceful company of books and music than those frivolous and empty-headed kids. 





If you like my blog and want more topics to be covered, you can mail me on :
anushka.01chauhan@gmail.com
I'd love to see your reviews.
You can also follow me on instagram @decode__myths
Hope you all loved my very first blog!! 

You can leave comments down. 

Comments

  1. well.... I have to say... this is relatable.... man... oh man... people judge us alot... well thanks for covering this... looking forward to more from you......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. .. So relatable it is. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words from heart to the heart ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CAN YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE CHANGE?

ARE YOU DEPRESSED?

WHY BEING MULTILINGUAL CHANGES YOUR THINKING PATTERN.