GOOD VS BAD INFLUENCE

*Trigger warning*

When was the first time you smoked
Was it with your best-friend or was it because your best friend insisted you? Either way, did you like it and, now you've been smoking ever since? 
If yes, then this question was enough to make you realize that you are not in a good company. So, let me ask you now. What do you think is a good company? 

The capacity of having an effect on someone or something whether it is behavior, development or character is known as Influence. A good influence is when you or the other person is able to point out your virtues and able to turn your weaknesses into your strengths. 
Just because you've been best friends with someone for a long time doesn't make him a good company! For instance, my own Best-friend was the first person to make me smoke a cigarette. He was a drug addict but after checking out from therapy, he changed. I'm not saying he became a saint, but his influence on me was so strong that his spoken words used to shape my ideas. I smoked for quite a while even when it would lead to severe headache and nausea. I smoked weed with him. And i was so used to getting abused  that even when he shoved a whole cup of whiskey neat in my mouth, i drank because i didn't want to be a party popper. 
The only good thing that happened out of that relationship was probably nothing. I lost my friends so he could stay with me, i chose him over everyone when he made me choose and one day, he left me all alone because he fell in love with another guy at a time when i was depressed.
But now that i am out of everything and into fresh, it made me wonder how many people out there are suffering due to the pressure their peer have laid upon them. I've known a lot of people who've changed themselves to be cool and be 'a' part of 'the crowd'. There's no shame in being unique, at least you're better than those who claim to be happy but are actually not. Satisfying your inner self is way more important than your group. 
It's all we've heard of and are used to, but there is a reason why each and every individual who've been through same now wants to reflect on these topics. 
A good influence are not set by examples. They are not perfect, but they make sure that there's a beautiful solution to your problems. Violence, drug abuse, physical abuse is not a way of relief but included in self mutilation . Keeping a good company will give you strength, help in moving on the right path and in case you stumble out of the track, they'll bring you back. Good influence will not pressurize you to do what you don't want and they will not make you feel bad about yourself. With time, you will find people who are capable of being called Good.
But if you don't have them now, it's better to stay solemn and enjoy your company. 
~ Anushka 


Stay safe, inside and outside. 
Ig adress - @decode__myths

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAN YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE CHANGE?

ARE YOU DEPRESSED?

WHY BEING MULTILINGUAL CHANGES YOUR THINKING PATTERN.